Matthew B. CUSHING
23 Feb 1665 - 18 May 1715
Father: John (Col) CUSHING
- BIRTH: 23 Feb 1665, Scituate, Plymouth, MA
- DEATH: 18 May 1715, Hingham, Plymouth, MA
Mother: Sarah HAWKE
: Deborah JACOB
- MARRIAGE: 27 Dec 1694, Hingham, Plymouth, MA
- Jacob CUSHING
- Matthew CUSHING
- Deborah CUSHING
- +Hezekiah CUSHING
- Rachel CUSHING
- Josiah CUSHING
- Sarah CUSHING
- Noah CUSHING
_Peter CUSHING _+
_Matthew CUSHING __|
| |_Susan HAWES ___
_John (Col) CUSHING _|
| | _Henry PITCHER _
| |_Nazareth PITCHER _|
| |_Sarah BOND ____
|--Matthew B. CUSHING
| _Matthew HAWKE ____|
| | |________________
|_Sarah HAWKE ________|
|_Margaret NELSON __|
Matthew was adopted by or at least lived with his uncle Matthew (who was born 2March 1589) at Hingham, and at his uncle's death inherited the homestead and succeeded to his occupation of wheelwright. Selectman in 1703, 1704, 1708, 1713and 1714. The inventory of his estate was appraised at 2535 pounds, 5 shillings. 2 pence.
1. The Genealogy of the Cushing Family (An account of the Ancestors and Descendants of Matthew Cushing, who came to America in 1638) by James Cushing, The Perrault Printing Co - Montreal, 1905. First Edition, 1877, by Lemuel Cushing, D1881 (Finished by his family) Pg 30.
2. Joseph Savage,Genealogical Dictionary of the First Settlers of New
England, Originally published 1860.
3. The History of the Town of Hingham Massachusetts: the Genealogies, George Lincoln, 1893, 1982 reprint of Vol 2 & 3.
4. William Cutter, Genealogical and Personal Memoirs relating to the
families of the state of Massachusetts, 1910.
(Cushing and associated family lines from a GEDCOM at the excellent
"Genealogy of the Cushing Family - Online Version 2003"
by Warren R. Cushing [email@example.com])
"New England Marriages Prior to 1700"
Clarence A. Torrey, Baltimore, MD, 1985
CUSHING, Matthew & Deborah JACOB; 27 Dec 1694; Hingham