22 May 1698 - 2 Feb 1769
Father: Matthew B. CUSHING
- BIRTH: 22 May 1698, Hingham, Plymouth, MA
- DEATH: 2 Feb 1769, Rehoboth, Bristol, MA
Mother: Deborah JACOB
: Mary LEAVITT
- MARRIAGE: 28 Sep 1717, Rehoboth, Bristol, MA
_Matthew CUSHING __+
_John (Col) CUSHING _|
| |_Nazareth PITCHER _+
_Matthew B. CUSHING _|
| | _Matthew HAWKE ____
| |_Sarah HAWKE ________|
| |_Margaret NELSON __
| _Nicholas JACOB ___
| _John JACOB _________|
| | |_Mary GILMAN ______
|_Deborah JACOB ______|
|_Mary RUSSELL _______|
Matthew moved to Rehoboth, Bristol, Massachusetts about 1718. The Cushing Genealogy (ref 2) doesn't list the death date for Matthew or Mary and lists eight children - the last born being Ruth in 1739. The Leavitt Genealogy (reference 48)lists Mary (Leavitt) Cushing as marrying John Pyncleon in 1737 and she died in1742. Rehoboth Vital Records list Ruth born 10 July 1739 and Samuel born 1 June1742 as children of Matthew and Mary. The Leavitt genealogy probably has the wrong Mary Leavitt as having married John Pyncleon in 1739.
Matthew married Mary 8 October 1717 in Weymouth, Norfolk, Massachusetts according to History of Weymouth by Chamberlain.
1. The Genealogy of the Cushing Family (An account of the Ancestors and Descendants of Matthew Cushing, who came to America in 1638) by James Cushing, The Perrault Printing Co - Montreal, 1905. FirstEdition, 1877, by Lemuel Cushing, D1881 (Finished by his family) Pg 31.
2. History of Weymouth, Massachusetts in 4 Volumes, George Walter Chamberlain, M.S.,Weymouth Historical Society, 1923
3. FamilySearch Ancestral File v4.19
"History of the Town of Hingham, Massachusetts"
George Lincoln, et. al., Hingham, MA; 1893 pp. 153-154
(Cushing and associated family lines from a GEDCOM at the excellent
"Genealogy of the Cushing Family - Online Version 2003"
by Warren R. Cushing [email@example.com])