8 May 1677 - 30 Nov 1755
Father: John JACOB
- BIRTH: 8 May 1677, Hingham, Plymouth, MA
- DEATH: 30 Nov 1755, Hingham, Plymouth, MA
Mother: Mary RUSSELL
: Matthew B. CUSHING
- MARRIAGE: 27 Dec 1694, Hingham, Plymouth, MA
: Benjamin LORING
- Jacob CUSHING
- Matthew CUSHING
- Deborah CUSHING
- +Hezekiah CUSHING
- Rachel CUSHING
- Josiah CUSHING
- Sarah CUSHING
- Noah CUSHING
- MARRIAGE: 13 Sep 1726, Hingham, Plymouth, MA
_Nicholas JACOB _|
_John JACOB ___|
| | __
| |_Mary GILMAN ____|
| | |__
|_Mary RUSSELL _|
Deborah's father is spoken of as foremost among the Jacobs, a wealthy and influential family.
Deborah and her second husband, Benjamin Loring, had a prenuptial agreement, dated 26 August 1726. They agreed that they each had "Considerable Estate both Real and Personal" and that their Estates would remain separate. Upon the death of either Benjamin or Deborah, neither the surviver, nor theirheirs, would have any claim upon the estate of the other.
1. TheGenealogy of the Cushing Family (An account of the Ancestorsand Descendants ofMatthew Cushing, who came to America in 1638) by James Cushing, The Perrault Printing Co - Montreal, 1905. First Edition, 1877, by Lemuel Cushing, D1881 (Finished by his family) Pg 30.
"History of the Town of Hingham, Massachusetts"
George Lincoln, et. al., Hingham, MA; 1893 pp. 153-154
"New England Marriages Prior to 1700"
Clarence A. Torrey, Baltimore, MD, 1985
CUSHING, Matthew & Deborah JACOB; 27 Dec 1694; Hingham
"A Genealogical Dictionary of The First Settlers
of New England, Before 1692"
Boston, MA, 1860-1862, p. 533
(Cushing and associated family lines from a GEDCOM at the excellent
"Genealogy of the Cushing Family - Online Version 2003"
by Warren R. Cushing [firstname.lastname@example.org])