Older news items are archived here, in newest-to-oldest order.
Saturday, 01 Aug
- The final gallery with photos of Saturday's sessions and banquet has been posted.
- Attosecond Physics 2009 has come to an end. Thanks to all of you for participating, and have a safe trip home!
- Another cool night's in store, with warm, sunny skies for you to fly off into Sunday. Low tonight of 54F (12C); high tomorrow of 91F (33C).
- Printers (for printing boarding passes) are available in the library on the second floor of the Alumni Center.
Friday, 31 July
- Friday's photo gallery is now available.
- The schedule of buses departing for MCI Sunday morning is now available.
- If departing before the end of the conference please give your flight time at MCI to the registration desk (or e-mail us at email@example.com). If you have a rental car, and are willing to give rides to others, please indicate how many you can take.
Thursday, 30 July
- The Thursday photo gallery (of the day's events so far) is now up.
- The soccer game begins at 9pm.
- Please do not take alcoholic drinks beyond the Alumni Center terrace.
- After dinner, you can continue poster discussions, but arrange with the authors in the afternoon. The Alumni Center and bar will be open.
- Please hang your posters before going to the buffet line.
- Lunch will be buffet-style at the Union, 2nd floor (highest level), in the Ballroom.
Wednesday, 29 July
- We're off to the Konza prairie!
- KSU personnel please park in West Stadium, not at the Alumni Center.
- If you are not staying in conference lodging, please tell registration or e-mail us. We will arrange pickup for you at 07:30 each day.
Tuesday, 28 July
- SL Chin and FA Ilkov have published a reminiscence on the life and work of Nikolai Borisovich Delone, along with a poem by Chin (both links pdf).
- Honorary chair Ferenc Krausz will be interviewed by local radio station KMAN today.
- Timely conference information will appear on our Announcements page, or follow us via Twitter.
News Prior to the Conference
- The chartered buses to Manhattan on Tuesday, 28 July have 20, 43 and 15 passengers for the 15:30, 18:30 and 22:30 departures, respectively. No additional bus will be added on Sunday, 02 August; there are 39 passengers for the 05:00 departure and 35 for the 10:00 departure. Enjoy the two-hour ride.
- The Final Announcement for Attosecond Physics 2009 is now available, with a list of useful tips for travelling to Manhattan.
- Online and printable maps of the Kansas State campus are available on our Travel and Accommodations pages.
- Kansas State has issued a press release recognizing the Attosecond Physics conference, which is being featured in various online news sites.
- The early registration deadline has passed. You can still register. To submit a post-deadline poster, please e-mail it directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The final scientific program is now available.
- The poster session schedule is also available. There will be no printed copies of the poster abstracts; please download the Acrobat (pdf) versions for your reference.
- Please bring your laptop with you. The whole campus is WiFi accessible, and you will be able to share information beyond the limits of traditional posters.
- The short oral presentations have been selected. All the 15-min talks will be presented on Wednesday afternoon.
- The titles and abstracts of the invited talks are available. Guidelines for invited talks will be sent separately to the speakers.
- The list of participants registered so far can be viewed.
- If you want to use the chartered bus on Sunday, 02 August to return to MCI, please provide us with your departure information. We may add one more bus leaving Manhattan later than 10 am.
- Before your departure, please visit this site for last-minute travel information.
- Financial support for some participants has been decided, but the actual amount for each person is not finalized. Such information will be given at the time of your arrival.
- Another charter bus from Kansas City International Airport (MCI) to Manhattan has been scheduled, leaving MCI at 3:30 pm on Tuesday, 28 July. Later buses leave at 6:30 pm and 10:30 pm.
- Buses leave Manhattan for MCI at 5:00 am and 10:00 am on Sunday, 02 August. Allowing a travel time of 2.5 hours and 1 hour to clear security, you should not book your return flights for earlier than 8:30 am or 1:00 pm, respectively.
- Great Lakes Airlines has increased the number of flights to Manhattan, and is an alternative if you cannot make the free chartered bus or the regular airport shuttle bus. Please see our Travel page for details on all of the above.
- There are no longer any vacancies for on-campus residence hall rooms or at the Holiday Inn. Reservations at the conference rate must be made at the Clarion by Tuesday, 07 July. Please see our Accommodations page for full details.
- The KSU Physics graduate students will host a soccer game for all interested Atto-09 attendees at 9:00 pm (2100 hr) on Thursday, 30 July. The game will be held on the Memorial Stadium athletic field immediately adjacent to the Alumni Center coference site.