Benjamin (Lieut) CUSHING
4 Feb 1679 - 1702
Father: John (Col) CUSHING
- BIRTH: 4 Feb 1679, Scituate, Plymouth, MA
- DEATH: 1702, Barbados, West Indies
Mother: Sarah HAWKE
_Peter CUSHING _+
_Matthew CUSHING __|
| |_Susan HAWES ___
_John (Col) CUSHING _|
| | _Henry PITCHER _
| |_Nazareth PITCHER _|
| |_Sarah BOND ____
|--Benjamin (Lieut) CUSHING
| _Matthew HAWKE ____|
| | |________________
|_Sarah HAWKE ________|
|_Margaret NELSON __|
Benjamin was a merchant in Boston. He was a member of the Honorable Artillery in 1700 and at that time Lieutenant in another corps. He gave a Power of Attorney dated at Barbadoes, 1702, whence it is inferred he did business there. He wasunmarried and left no family.
1. The Genealogy of the Cushing Family (An account of the Ancestors and Descendants of Matthew Cushing, who came to America in 1638) by James Cushing, The Perrault Printing Co - Montreal, 1905.First Edition, 1877, by Lemuel Cushing, D1881 (Finished by his family) Pg 25.
2. Joseph Savage, Genealogical Dictionary of the First Settlers of New England, Originally published 1860.
3. L. Vernon Briggs, History and Genealogy of theBriggs Family, 1254-1937, 1938, Three volumes.
"History of the Town of Hingham, Massachusetts"
George Lincoln, et. al., Hingham, MA; 1893 pp. 151-152
(Cushing and associated family lines from a GEDCOM at the excellent
"Genealogy of the Cushing Family - Online Version 2003"
by Warren R. Cushing [email@example.com])