14 Sep 1674 - 18 Oct 1770
Father: John (Col) CUSHING
- BIRTH: 14 Sep 1674, Scituate, Plymouth, MA
- DEATH: 18 Oct 1770, Little Compton, Newport, Rhode Island
Mother: Sarah HAWKE
: Thomas LORING
- MARRIAGE: 19 Apr 1699, Boston, Suffolk, MA
: Sylvester RICHMOND
- MARRIAGE: 18 Feb 1728, Little Compton, Newport, Rhode Island
_Peter CUSHING _+
_Matthew CUSHING __|
| |_Susan HAWES ___
_John (Col) CUSHING _|
| | _Henry PITCHER _
| |_Nazareth PITCHER _|
| |_Sarah BOND ____
| _Matthew HAWKE ____|
| | |________________
|_Sarah HAWKE ________|
|_Margaret NELSON __|
Reference shows Deborah's birthday as 7 September 1674.
Of Joshua, though he lived to 1750, we know not whether he was married and Deane says, he left no family.
Tiverton was incorporated by the Province of Massachusetts in 1694.
It was then incorporated in Rhode Island on January 27, 1746 and annexed
to Newport County three weeks later. Similarly, Little Compton was
founded in Massachusetts in 1682, but was annexed to Rhode Island in 1746/47.
1. The Genealogy of the Cushing Family (An account of the Ancestors and Descendants of Matthew Cushing, who came to America in 1638) by James Cushing, The Perrault Printing Co - Montreal, 1905. First Edition, 1877, byLemuel Cushing, D1881 (Finished by his family) Pg 25.
2. Mayflower Families Through Five Generations, Volume 16, Part One: John Alden, Woodworth-Barnes, Esther Littleford, compiler, and Alicia Crane Williams, ed., [Plymouth MA:] The General Society of Mayflower Descendants, 1999, Pg 178
3. Joseph Savage, Genealogical Dictionary of the First Settlers of New
England, Originally published 1860.
4. Charles H. Pope, Loring Genealogy, 1917.
5. Just in Winsor, Historyof the Town of Duxbury, Massachusetts, with
genealogical registers, Crosby & Nichols, Boston, 1849.
"History of the Town of Hingham, Massachusetts"
George Lincoln, et. al., Hingham, MA; 1893 pp. 151-152
Boston, MA Marriages 1646 - 1751
From the Record Commissioners Reports, 1898
"Deborah & Thomas (of Plimouth) Loring, Apr. 19, 1699 by Saml. Sewel Esq."
"Vital Records of Scituate, Massachusetts to 1850"
Transcribed by D. Pane-Joyce
"Deborah, d. John Esq., and Thomas Loring [dup. of Plimouth],
s. Thomas of Hull, Apr. 19, 1699, in Hingham [dup. in Boston]."
"Vital Record of Rhode Island 1636-1850"
James N. Arnold
Narragansett Historical Publ. Co., Providence, 1893.
"American Marriage Records Before 1699"
William Montgomery Clemens
Pompton Lakes, NJ, 1926
"Deborah CUSHING, Thomas Loring, 19 April 1699, Boston, Mass."
(Cushing and associated family lines from a GEDCOM at the excellent
"Genealogy of the Cushing Family - Online Version 2003"
by Warren R. Cushing [firstname.lastname@example.org])