30 Mar 1753 - 1794
Father: Hezekiah CUSHING
- BIRTH: 30 Mar 1753, Hingham, Plymouth, MA
- DEATH: 1794, Scituate, Plymouth, MA
Mother: Lydia JONES
- MARRIAGE: 30 Jun 1774, Scituate, Plymouth, MA
_John (Col) CUSHING _+
_Matthew B. CUSHING _|
| |_Sarah HAWKE ________+
_Hezekiah CUSHING _|
| | _John JACOB _________+
| |_Deborah JACOB ______|
| |_Mary RUSSELL _______
| _Joseph JONES _______+
| _Thomas JONES _______|
| | |_Patience LITTLE ____+
|_Lydia JONES ______|
|_Catherine CASWELL __|
Nathaniel purchased from Philip the estate known as the 'Cushing Homestead' ofthe late Nathan Cushing, a grandson of Nathaniel.
Nathaniel and Alice settledin Scituate, MA. Nathaniel died suddenly on the road to Hanover in 1794. No record of his death has been found, other than this statement made by his descendants.
Military Service: Revolutionary War
Nathaniel was a drummer in Capt. Wm. Turner's (3 rd Scituate) Co., Col. Anthony Thomas's regt. 1775, also privatein Capt. Nathaniel Winslow's Co., Brig.-Gen. John Thomas' regt. the same year,and Sergeant in Capt. Freedone Chamberlain's Co., Col. Simeon Cary's regt. in1776.
1. The Genealogy of the Cushing Family (An account of the Ancestors and Descendants of Matthew Cushing, who came to America in 1638) by James Cushing, The Perrault Printing Co - Montreal, 1905. First Edition,1877, by Lemuel Cushing, D1881 (Finished by his family) Pg 110.
2. L. Vernon Briggs, History and Genealogy of the Briggs Family, 1254-1937,1938, Three volumes.
3. Massachusetts Soldiers and Sailors in the War of the Revolution.Vol 4
4. "Early Massachusetts Marriages prior to 1800" by Fredrick Bailey, published 1897.
"History of the Town of Hingham, Massachusetts"
George Lincoln, et. al., Hingham, MA; 1893 pp. 158
(Cushing and associated family lines from a GEDCOM at the excellent
"Genealogy of the Cushing Family - Online Version 2003"
by Warren R. Cushing [firstname.lastname@example.org])